Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vegetarian Burritos


This is one of my favorite meals to make when I really don't feel much like cooking. I simply spread canned refried beans on top of a flour tortilla, top with rice that I cook up with some taco seasoning added to the water (I've included the recipe I used below) and shredded cheddar cheese, roll it up, and stick it in the toaster oven to heat through and melt the cheese. If you're feeling particularly lazy, you can use store-bought taco or fajita seasoning and instant rice. Or even a boxed Spanish rice mix.

I like to make a batch of this and keep it in the pantry with my spices to use as needed:

Taco Seasoning II
allrecipes.com (PNCHANDRA)

6 teaspoons chili powder
5 teaspoons paprika
4 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and cornstarch. Close lid securely, and shake well to mix contents. 7 teaspoons is equivalent to 1 (1.25 ounce) package of taco seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment