Monday, January 5, 2009

Back Home

Chaim had some vacation days he needed to use up by the end of this week or lose, so on Saturday evening we dropped the kids off at his parents and drove down to San Diego for a mini-vacation. We spent Sunday at the Wild Animal Park and today we spent some time at Balboa Park before heading back up to L.A.


Since we did not get home until after 4:30 I wanted to make something very quick and easy, so I just cooked some chicken franks on my cast-iron grill pan and served them on some buns I had in the fridge. To have with them, I made one of my favorite easy sides - roasted carrots.





Roasted Carrots

(Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Ina Garten)

12 Carrots

3 tablespoons good olive oil

1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly gound black pepper

2 tablespoons minced from dill or flat-leaf parsley (I usually leave out)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave them whole. Slice the carrots diagonally into 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet in one layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.

Toss the carrots with the minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.

(note: I toss the carrots, olive oil, salt, and pepper right on the baking sheet.)

6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment